what we believe
The Bible is . . .
- God's revelation of His Divine Nature, including His purpose, plan, and very personhood.
- Accurate and fully reliable.
- The divinely authoritative guide for right thinking and right action.
God is . . .
- Eternal, always existing outside of time and space.
- Creator of heaven and earth, all things seen and unseen.
- A single Being consisting of three, interrelated persons equal in power, authority and knowledge.
- God is known as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit , which the Church defines as "The Trinity," three-in-one.
Jesus is . . .
- The Eternal Son of God who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin Mary.
- The One who lived a perfect life without sin, yet became sin so that we might become the righteousness of God.
- The One who ultimately redeemed mankind from sin, by dying on the cross as a substitute for the sins of man.
- The One who was raised from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Heavenly Father.
- The One who will one day come again as promised to judge the living and the dead.
The Holy Spirit is . . .
- the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Holiness, and the Spirit of Truth, who sets people free from sin and self.
- the Presence of God to convict of sin and make disciples, separating God's people from the world by Truth.
- the Power of God's holy presence to empower believers to live in Christ and for Christ.
Mankind is . . .
- In a Fallen State before God, eternally separated from God due to the willful choice to transgress God's word.
- Fallen from perfection, innocence, and rightness, who is perpetually walking in disobedience toward God.
- trying to prove themselves righteous by their own merit, always self-promoting, self-proving, and self-pleasing.
- must repent to be reconciled to God through Christ, thus turning from unbelief and sin unto God.
The Church is . . .
- the Body of Christ that consists of worshiping God in spirit and truth, called-out from the world to live in Christ.
- the Believers being perfected in Christ by the Spirit of Christ--the Holy Spirit.
- the Bride of Christ waiting for the return of Christ, therefore, called to be faithful, awaiting her husband's return.
- the Building of God, who has made the Church His Temple.
- the People through whom God uses to reveal Christ and make disciples by His Holy Spirit.
The Future is . . .
- the blessed hope for those who are ready for the imminent return of Christ, who has promised eternal life.
- the Kingdom of God in Christ and without end, free of all sin, iniquity, evil, and death.